Author Posts

March 10, 2018 at 10:16 pm

Hi, I am dealing with deep depression. I don’t know how to control my emotions. I am totally fed up with my life. It’s very difficult to express my feelings. One day, my boyfriend left me. I don’t know what was the reason behind his change. This incident affected me badly. My friends are my support. They are supporting me a lot. They tried to get me involved in parties, trips, functions etc. But it was difficult for me to enjoy with them. Such situations are distracting me more. I would like to stay alone. Last day, one of my friends came to see me. She told me about a treatment for my problem. Her aunt had undergone this mindfulness-based cognitive therapy from a clinic in Toronto. It helps to control our thoughts and emotions and teach us how to react to them. This course offers mindfulness through meditation and behavioral therapies. Actually, I need a change and I am longing for that. But I can’t do it myself. So I am planning to get help from that clinic. Before that, I would like to know the experience of others who have tried this. Will it possible to change our mood and emotions through this treatment? How long it will take to get the desired result? Please help me with your replies.