Everything I need to know, I learned from Star Wars – Clark’s List (corresponding episodes in parentheses)
12) Even if your weapon jams, doesn’t mean it’s broken. (VII: Finn and Rey effectively steal back the Millenium Falcon)
11) Resistance is not necessarily futile. (All – general reference to the underdog “good guys” (e.g. The Resistance, Rebels) winning battles using ingenuity, courage, leadership, and skill)
10) You never know when you’ll need some solid climbing skills, even if you only have one hand. (V: Luke/Darth Vader lightsaber battle, VII: Rey climbing walls in Starkiller Base … maybe others?)
9) Your ability to speak many languages can help you and your friends (VI: C3PO’s ability to converse with the EWOKS facilitates the formation of a new friendship)
8) When possible, avoid flying into caves that are actually the belly of a monster (V: Hoth Asteroid Field)
7) Make friends with good people and all life forms, especially wookies. (All)
6) Mind your manners in dive bars, and stay confident. (IV: Cantina Bar Scene, VII: the bar on Jakku)
5) Do NOT mess with so-called “scavengers.” (VII: Reference to Rey)
4) You don’t need fancy weapons to win a battle. (General reference to “bad guys” often having multiple pronged lightsabers, as well as the Ewok’s masterful use of “primitive” weapons in the battle for Endor in VI)
3) Just because someone is old, does NOT mean their powers are weak. (Reference to disagreeing with Darth Vader’s words to Obi-Wan in Episode IV, and general reference to Yoda, who was 900 years old)
2) Stay on target. (IV: meridian trench battle)
1) “Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” (I. See this page for more Yoda Quotes)
Feel free to add your own!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.