Author Posts

December 22, 2014 at 5:43 am

My family very rarely goes out to eat.  With three kids, dinner is one of the least relaxing times of the day.  Rarely do I get to sit through an entire meal, let alone finish it. But last Sunday we went to a local restaurant to get everyone out of the house.  My husband and I were staring at each other in amazement as we looked at our empty plates and I think I only got up 3 times during dinner-which is pretty good.  While wondering at the fact that we had actually finished our meal, a random man walked up to our table.  He asked if we had paid for our dinner and when my husband replied “no”, he dropped $100 on the table, said he was paying for our dinner tonight, wished us a Merry Christmas and sped out of the restaurant before we could turn him down.  Our meal only cost $40, so on our way out, we put $60 down on the table next to us to pay for another families dinner.  They were as touched and elated as we were.  On the car ride home, we were still feeling touched by the gift.  My 6 year old son shared that he was going to put the $3 he had saved in his pocket and carry it around with him to give it to a stranger when they looked like they needed it.  These random acts of kindness have a profound impact.  Do you have any you would like to share?

December 28, 2014 at 10:03 am

Here’s one portrayal of an apparent random act of kindness, in which Bottlenose Dolphins help fishermen catch fish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42MpfPqWkhk

June 13, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Hi, i am aware that this is an older thread but just wanted to express my gratitude about beautiful such a thread’s presence is. I am a strong believer in random acts of kindness. I live by that. Many of my days have been much brighter for being at the giving or receiving ends of them.

December 13, 2023 at 11:38 pm

Thanks for the information!